Welcome! I offer professional editing services to publishers, book production companies, writers, scholars, and organizations.
Providing copyediting, line/substantive editing, proofreading, and manuscript reviews, I specialize in nonfiction, fiction, poetry, scholarly books, literary studies, histories, American studies, memoirs, and biographies.
"Her experience and professionalism shine through." — Read more of what my clients say.
– editing for correctness, clarity, and consistency while respecting the author's voice;
– offering the benefits of solid experience and extensive education and training;
– working well with a variety of writers with different skill levels and experience;
– editing in a way that allows the next person in the production line to work efficiently;
– accurately changing documentation from one style to another;
– offering special sensitivity to clients' literary aesthetics;
– providing efficient, high-quality editing on time.
Learn more about the software and style guides I use as requested — and the different editing services I offer. You can also download my résumé from the Editorial Freelancers Member Directory.
What do you need from your editor?
Home page and sidebar photos by Martha Carlson-Bradley